VMware vExpert 2021
It is official, I have been awarded VMware vExpert 2021 for the 2nd year in a row.
I only applied last year in 2020 as my first go-round and was accepted, so continued to apply again in the Evangelist Path for 2021. As luck would have it I was accepted for 2021 so another year in a great program.
Just to highlight what it takes to be a vExpert and the official benefits, however, the non-official benefits of resources and career growth I feel benefitted me most from being in the program.
Benefits of being a vExpert
Here’s is a list of some of the benefits when receiving the award.
- Networking with 2,000 vExperts / Information Sharing
- Knowledge Expansion on VMware & Partner Technology
- Opportunity to apply for vExpert BU Lead Subprograms (see below)
- Possible Job Opportunities
- Direct Access to VMware Business Units via Subprograms
- Blog Traffic Boost through Advocacy, @vExpert, @VMware, VMware Launch & Announcement Campaigns
- 1 Year VMware Licenses for Home Labs for almost all Products & Some Partner Products
- Private VMware & VMware Partner Sessions
- Gifts from VMware and VMware Partners
- vExpert Celebration Parties at both VMworld US and VMworld Europe with VMware CEO, Pat Gelsinger
- VMware Advocacy Platform Invite (share your content to thousands of vExperts & VMware employees who amplify your content via their social channels)
- Private Slack Channels for vExpert and the BU Lead Subprograms
Which Path Should you Apply for?
The Evangelist Path includes book authors, bloggers, tool builders, public speakers, VMTN contributors, and other IT professionals who share their knowledge and passion with others with the leverage of a personal public platform to reach many people. Employees of VMware can also apply via the Evangelist path. A VMware employee reference is recommended if your activities weren’t all in public.
The Customer Path is for leaders who evangelize VMware. We are looking for passionate customers who do the work to evangelize within their organization or worked with VMware to build success stories, act as customer references, given public interviews, spoken at conferences, or were VMUG leaders. The actives must not be related to your position within the company, i.e. not being paid for evangelizing VMware. A VMware employee reference is recommended if your activities weren’t all in public.
The VPN Path is for employees of our partner companies who lead with passion and by example, who are committed to continuous learning through accreditations and certifications and to making their technical knowledge and expertise available to many. This can take shape of event participation, video, IP generation, as well as public speaking engagements.
VMUG & VCDX
If you are an active VMUG Leader or hold the title of VCDX you will qualify for the vExpert award. VMUG leaders are verified through the VCDX directory. VMUG leader titles and activities are also verified and you must be an active leader in your chapter. Inactive VMUG leaders will not qualify for the award. To apply via VMUG or VCDX, please use the evangelist path and state you are a VCDX or VMUG leader and which chapter. All VCDX applicants will be verified via vcdx.vmware.com.
To apply you need to enter vexpert.vmware.com in your browser. If it is for the first time, you need to create an account and then you can apply. If you need any help with your application you can always contact a vExpert PRO. They will assist you with how to apply and explain the best way to apply.
Congratulations to all those awarded the vExpert 2021 and welcome to the newcomers. Don’t be shy about reaching out and asking questions on the Slack channel.
If you did not apply when applications were open end of 2020, you can apply again in the vExpert 2021 second-half applications that should be open around June/July.
My vExpert page: https://vexpert.vmware.com/directory/3332
My VMware forum page: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4938613
VMware Advocacy Program: https://advocacy.vmware.com/